Location: Atlanta, GA
Strategic Sourcing Management - Category Manager
A Bachelors Degree is preferred
The Item Processing Replacement project is a multi-million dollar project to figure out options for potentially replacing the existing Bank item processing systems with an alternative solution across client approximately 1,500 retail branches.
Initial/Primary Project Names:
Item Processing Alternatives
Must Have Skills
Experience leading formal requirement reviews to obtain document signoffs and review plans, risks, issues, defects, and dependencies identified during requirements gathering.
Demonstrated expertise in assisting business/operational resources in design and creation of business solutions and completion of the technical design
Experience providing significant direction and influence on client decisions towards project approach, implementation, and product requirements
a seasoned presenter and leads complex requirements gathering sessions. Experience developing evaluation criteria jointly with business/operations. Experience reviewing responses against evaluation criteria and helping to synthesize and document findings/results.
'Experience in the development of commodity specifications, RFIs, RFPs, procurement contracts, and analyses of trends and conditions of the market. Experience with standardizing specifications; rationalizing supply base, reducing consumption, and lowering total cost of ownership. Able to manage multiple sourcing efforts with competing deadlines. In general a good match based on aptitudes, experience, skills, and desire to the more detailed job description futher below.
Plus/nice to have skills
Experience sourcing and evaluating third party sources for Item Processing related software and/or services. Ariba experience preferred but not required. Again looking for the best match based on aptitude, experience, and interest for the more detailed job description below.
Prior Experience / Skills Needed
3 years experience in Strategic Sourcing and/or Commodity Management. Prior experience working closely with external suppliers/partners, RFI and RFP development, contract negotiations and contract development. Candidates will have demonstrated ability in managing key supplier relationships. Experience with requirements gathering and documentation. Experience with evaluation criteria and response review and analysis. Looking for maximum match (detailed unlikely but at least broad brush covering all or nearly all of the responsibilities).
Attend project team meetings to keep abreast of requirements to support additional hardware/peripheral and related support service sourcing needs; prepare and manage RFIs and RFPs leading to selection of appropriate third parties, contract award and preparation of contract documents. Will participate in other meetings, as appropriate, to support sourcing needs for the project. Assist with scheduling and participating in vendor demos. Supporting Commodity Manager(s) with various sourcing requests as needed. Providing guidance to the consultants supporting this effort. Supporting multiple negotiation workstreams documenting processes, performing financial analysis and impact, coordinating internal discussions, providing status updates to core team and Identify and address any potential issues affecting the success of the project.
Core People/Process Transition Activity:
- Business & Technical requirements coordination with appropriate SME’s to inform various contract amendments anticipated
- Supplier negotiations meeting coordination
- SLA metric coordination & negotiations appropriate for each phase of the transition
- Document gathering and facilitation of internal negotiation strategy meetings
- Day 2 Software (4-5 application assessments)
- Business & Technical requirements coordination with appropriate SME’s to inform new software or migration of existing software
- Implementation SOW/contract addendum related to software targeted to support Day 2
- Various supplier negotiations session to gain alignment on software rights and support requirements
- Software evaluation agreement development and execution
- Business & Technical requirements coordination with appropriate SME’s to inform implementation SOW
- Software license agreement related to cloud solution
- Identifying and negotiating appropriate hosting metrics if appropriate
- Assisting to outline contingency plans related to the development of a cloud solution
- Coordinating negotiations to align commercial terms with the investment ST is making to accelerate cloud based solution
Mobile: (863) 370-2273