At Northrop Grumman, our employees have unique opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in El Segundo, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer 4 with significant experience in Composites. The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on composite and metallic airframe structures. The position requires extensive experience in Composite Structural Analysis.
- Finite element analysis of composite and metallic aircraft primary and secondary structures
- Collaborate with design engineers to insure structural integrity
- Perform layout sizing and detailed stress analysis using classical hand analysis and FEA
- Develop FEA models for structural analysis
- Analysis of Bolted and Bonded Composite Joints
- Perform structural analysis for repairs
- Advanced composite layup definition and composite laminate analysis
- Design criteria and analysis methodology development
- Extraction of internal loads and freebody loads from FEA loads models
- Advanced calculation of static and DaDT margins of safety on primary and secondary structure
- Analysis of fittings and fasteners
- Experienced with impact damage effects, failure theories, and familiar with stacking sequence/laminate analysis
- Familiarity with acoustics and vibration
- Administration of Aircraft Structural Integrity Programs
- Develop solutions to complex problems
- Experienced in working with structural integrity maintenance processes
- Experience in spectrum development, strain life durability fatigue assessments (LOOPIN), and crack growth damage tolerance analysis
- Lead interaction with internal and external customers
- Lead drawing analysis review and sign-off
- Present results at PDR/CDR meetings and Internal Design Reviews
- Create documentation of analysis results, methods and calculations
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from an accredited institution with 9+ years of structural analysis experience focused on aircraft structures and Composites.
- Master's Degree in Engineering and 7+ years of structural analysis experience focused on aircraft structures and Composites.
- Complete understanding of stress analysis techniques, concepts and practices.
- Experienced in leading a team of 3+ engineers in their daily duties
- Active DOD Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years is required.
- Experience with layout sizing, and structural integrity evaluations
- Experience in structural test applications is preferred
- Previous advanced composite structural testing experience
- Advanced knowledge in durability and damage tolerance analysis
- Expert in the administration of an ASIP managed program/platform
- Extended working knowledge of structural integrity maintenance processes
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Extended working knowledge with NASTRAN, Patran, FEMAP, and Matlab
- Active Top Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
- Experience working on military aircraft
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.