The Structural Designer designs steel, handrails, stairs and platforms inside a 3D environment utilizing Intergraph SmartPlant 3D or Bentley AutoCAD. Additional 2D drawings are created for fabrication (steel arrangements and details).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and organize information to be used for developing the design, and drawings.
- Generate 3D models for steel.
- Work on Revit and Risa-3D platforms for steel design and calculations.
- Prepare general arrangements, and steel details.
- Develop grating layout plans and work with grating fabricators on details.
- Work with all disciplines (mechanical, structural, electrical, instrumental) in the design.
- Detailed steel design, procurement, and fabrication.
- Assist with the assembly and review of design packages.
- Inspect and oversee fabrication for conformance to design at our manufacturing plant in Red Bud, IL.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 0-10% per year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. Must be able to travel to jobsites both domestically and internationally; living accommodations in some foreign assignments may not meet expected U.S. standards. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis is required.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in CAD technology is required.
- Zero (0) to five (5) years of experience is required.
- AutoCad Plant 3D or Bentley AutoCAD design knowledge is required.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.