This company is seeking a highly motivated individual to perform work tied to structural engineering project plans for both private and public sector work, including institutional, industrial, and commercial structures
- Designs Structural systems to include cast-in-place, precast, and post-tensioned concrete, structural steel, masonry, and wood for a variety of healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings with minimal direction
- Organizes and manages structural design efforts for significant, multiple, simultaneous projects in either single or multiple disciplinary environments
- Works closely with and coordinates work with other engineering disciplines
- Coordinates preparation of design, details, plans and drawings with assigned task areas
- Edits and coordinates production of structural specification sections
- Ensures the level of quality for each project meets the standards established by the client and the Company
- Performs and/or coordinates the review of shop drawing submittals and posts modifications as needed
- Provides project information to staff and clients as requested through attendance at project meetings, e-mail, correspondence etc.
- Performs construction site observation visits and prepares reports
- Prepares addendums and change orders; initiates additional service requests for review by the Director of Structural Engineering and Project Manager
- Prepares structural calculations for submittal to regulating authority
- Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by team members
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer programs including MS-Excel, MS-Word, AutoCAD, STAAD, RAM, ADAPT and Windows a plus.
- Must also demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) or eligibility for registration