As a family owned and operated company, Franklin Park is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our residents and their families. We are committed to providing residential communities where seniors and their families will feel right at home immediately upon entering our doors. We re inspired by excellence, and committed to dedication in every detail. It s our privilege to serve a generation that truly embraces freedom, family and friends.
Franklin Park was voted one of San Antonio's Top Workplaces in 2014 and again in 2016.
Our company is proud to offer talented student musicians the opportunity to hone their musical skills in exchange for free lodging at one of our modern, beautifully-appointed retirement communities.
These are UNPAID positions: your compensation includes chef-prepared meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner!) in addition to a comfortable apartment.
This concept was pioneered by the Cleveland Institute of Music and Judson Manor in Cleveland, Ohio, and you can learn more about how the program operates on YouTube. Just search for "Judson Manor music program" to see several videos.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the student:
- Musicians-in-Residence must offer at least three (3) performances [no less than 30 minutes] each week to benefit the residents of the community.
- The nature and format of these performances may include recitals, sing-alongs, formal concerts in conjunction with other musicians, background music during a meal or event, or other presentations approved by the Director of Life Enrichment.
- In general, performances will occur at pre-arranged dates and times mutually agreed upon by the student and the Life Enrichment Director.
- Minimum commitment of one full semester
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Active student in good standing at a four-year university, majoring or minoring in music; concentration in performance preferred
- Letters of recommendation from two music professors/instructors (form provided by Franklin Park following pre-screening)
- Pass a criminal background check, TB test and drug screen
- Able to provide own furniture, linens and household goods, and maintain apartment in good condition
Starting dates and available locations vary throughout the year, but in general, musician-in-residence appointments commence just before the fall or spring semesters.
Locations include all of the following:
- Franklin Park Sonterra, 18323 Sonterra Place, San Antonio
- Franklin Park TPC Parkway, 21802 Encino Commons, San Antonio
- Franklin Park Alamo Heights, 230 W. Sunset, San Antonio
- Franklin Park Round Rock, 4155 Teravista Club Drive, Round Rock
- Franklin Park Boerne, 18 Old San Antonio Road, Boerne
Learn more about these communities and view photos at: www.franklinpark.org.