Under the general direction of the Student Services Administrator, provide technical and administrative support to the Student Services department, special education program heads, and evaluation team facilitators in the area of information systems, database management, and compliance.Responsibilities
- Maintain integrity of the special education databases by monitoring and updating as needed. Verify all data entered to ensure it meets DESE standards and requirements. Maintain regular contact with software vendor regarding software changes, customization, and updates. Work with vendor to solve bugs. Notify end-users of updates, bugs, and changes to the database and the software.
- Manage basic changes to the website such as the uploading of reports, broken links, and changes as directed by the student services administrator(s). Manage messages and updates in the communication system (eg. Connect5/Blackboard).
- Train new staff on the use of the special education system (X-2), including teachers, administrators, secretaries, and specialists.
- Generate a variety of customized reports and forms using X-2 and other databases and sources such as DESE as requested by Student Services administrators.
- Manipulate and analyze data to provide summary reports to administrators or other staff as requested by Student Services administrators.
- Generate end of year data for the Business office. Generate data and reports for budget planning as directed by Student Services administrators.
- Coordinate annual data rollover in X-2 and other databases as required.
- Build and maintain databases to track critical information about students placed out of district under the direction of the student services administrators, including timelines for legal agreements, due dates for evaluations, and the return of signed documents.
- Produce and mail referral packets to private schools under the direction of the student services administrators.
- Assist with tracking and management of out of district monitoring logs under the direction of the student services administrators.
- Schedule IEP meetings for out of district students as directed by the student services administrators.
- Process and review in a timely manner all incoming IEPs, analyzing records to ensure data integrity.
- Work with technology department to coordinate student services data with Student Information Management System (SIMS) data from the student information system.
- Attend DESE meetings regarding the SIMS. Ensure data reported to DESE is accurate and meets federal and state reporting requirements.
- Perform related duties as required.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of database applications
- Working knowledge of special education regulations and services as defined under Chapter 766 and thorough understanding of the IEP and referral process, including form preparation, timelines, evaluations, etc.
- Ability to analyze and summarize data, collect and organize data from a variety of sources, and provide data reports as needed.
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with wide variety of individuals, including parents, students, teachers and outside vendors.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand, and explain policies and procedures, especially as they pertain to special education policies and procedures, student records regulations and custody issues.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with strict guidelines
Duties require Associate's Degree or two years technical school with knowledge of programming and database management and analysis; two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.