StudentUniverse looking for a Software Engineer to join our small, but growing, team. The right candidate will be passionate and excited to create software that enables hundreds of thousands of students to travel the world. We’re in a great location next to Brandeis University in Waltham, offer flexible work schedules and a great opportunity/excuse to get out and see the world!
- Determining feasibility of proposed solutions by evaluating problems, specifications and discussing with Operations
- Demonstrate proposed software solutions by providing and presenting documentation, code comments, diagrams and charts to other Engineers and Operations team
- Implementing proposed solutions and working with Operations on making code Production ready, including squashing bugs, working through changing requirements and deploying/monitoring in an ecommerce environment
Requirements and Skills:
- Experience with: HTML, CSS, JQuery, AngularJS, Git, WebServices with XML and JSON, PostgreSQL
- Ecommerce experience using Groovy, Grails, Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
StudentUniverse is a Boston-based technology company that provides exclusive travel discounts, rewards, and experiences for students, faculty and youth (18-25). Leveraging verification technology, StudentUniverse negotiates exclusive airfares with over 70 airline partners globally, and features discounted rates on hotels and tours all over the world.
- Relaxed, casual work environment, including flexible hours and work from home policies
- Onsite gym and locker room available 24/7
- Happy hour(s), parties, boat cruises and team social events
- Break room stocked with snacks and refreshments
- Travel discounts and free airline tickets and vouchers
What WE can offer YOU!
• Strengths based culture
• Onsite fitness area
• Onsite café
• Relaxed dress attire
• In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
• National/International Award Nights https://vimeo.com/288474385/8d7ebe0ebc
• Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
• 401K with up to 3% company match after 3 months
• Generous paid-time off policy
• Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
• Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
• Giving back through the Flight Centre Foundation (Habitat for Humanity, Feeding America, Earth Share)
Location: Waltham, MA
StudentUniverse is an EEO/AA employer.
This role is an onsite role in Waltham, MA. We will not accept virtual applicants.