Openings as of 9/20/2020
- Substitute Para/Instructional Assistant
- Position Type:
Substitute/Substitute Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
High School Diploma/GED and passed IA skills test OR ParaPro Praxis Exam (or 60 college credits) required.
Prefer experience working with children.
Successful background check required.
Patience, flexibility, love for children, confidentiality, team work, self starter, take direction easily, excellent communication skills, behavior management skills, assist in the general education classrooms and in special education classrooms.
Work with student throughout the day assisting with behavior and academics. Refocus the student in the classroom, de-escalate negative behavior, recognize and acknowledge positive behavior, work cooperatively with classroom teacher and Special Education staff. Work to increase independence in children. Other duties as assigned by the supervising teacher. See the attached job description for additional information.
Hours per day:
As needed per assignment
$13.24 per hour
Before we can place your name on our substitute para/IA list we require the following items on file in our office:
1. Completed Substitute Para/Instructional Assistant Application (Hit apply to job and create an account in AppliTrack)
2. Proof of 60+ college credits OR passing grade on the Cambridge-Isanti IA exams OR passing grade on the ParaPro Praxis Exam Test given by the Department of Education
3. Completed New Employee packet, (we will email you the secure digital forms) this includes:
- W-4 Forms
- Personal Information Form
- Direct Deposit Form
- Request for Social Security Number Form
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification – The U.S. Department of Justice requires that you bring to our office one item from List A or one item from List B plus one item from List C.
- Completed Background Check (A $20 fee if you've only ever lived in MN, otherwise it is a $30 fee. This is done online, via "Trusted Employees")
Once all of these forms have been completed, you'll need to come into the Education Services Center (ESC) to show your 2 forms of ID for the I-9. While at the ESC, you'll also get information on AESOP, our substitute system. Once these steps have been completed, then you will be placed on the sub list.
The ESC is located at 625 Main Street North, Cambridge, MN 55008.
Additional information on the Cambridge-Isanti IA Exams:
- It is a three-part test based on 8th grade reading, 8th grade math, and 10th grade writing.
- You must pass two out of the three tests. Passing on an individual test means a score of 75% or better.
- The reading and math tests are multiple choice with 16 questions each. The writing is a 3-5 paragraph essay. A calculator is not allowed.
- You can obtain study guides for the writing and math from Amy Sachs (the district receptionist) at the ESC or sample tests can be found online by googling 8th grade standard tests.
- It is not timed, but it approximately takes 1-2 hours to complete.
- You can schedule a time to take the test anytime M-F 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
We appreciate your interest and desire to help shape the lives of students at Cambridge-Isanti Schools. We look forward to working with you!
Once you have submitted your application, contact Jessica Faust, HR Onboarding Specialist and Communications Associate, at 763-689-6223 or email@example.com so the new hire paperwork can be emailed to you and an appointment to show your 2 forms of ID and learn more about AESOP can be made.
- Position Type: