Our client is an Tennessee based General Contractor that specializes in commercial ground up projects. Looking for additional superintendent to join their commercial team. Diverse project base to include commercial, retail, healthcare and hospitality projects.
A General Building and Construction company headquartered in the area has been aggressively investing in its position in the Tennessee market. Projects range from retail, hospitality, big box, MOB and offices. They are looking for an experienced Superintendent who will be able to contribute to the growth of the company.
- Oversee and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, and/or Interns, as assigned, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Create schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
- Must have experience in medical, restaurant or retail ground up projects.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or similar field, or comparable experience.
- 5+ years of construction experience.
- Experience managing all aspects of field operations including scheduling, quality control and coordinating sub-contractors.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-first attitude.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, including Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency in EH&S applications.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive compensation will be offered to candidates based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package available
- Great company culture and reputation