The GK Family:
At Goldrich Kest, we talk about careers, not jobs. We are a privately held, family-owned business and consider our team members part of the family, not just employees. Our prized team are valued and considered ambassadors for our mission and core values we share with our communities.
If you’re looking for a work environment that recognizes your talents and celebrates your efforts and contributions, we want to know more about you. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Come grow with us.
Goldrich Kest is currently seeking a Superintendent to be based out of Orange County/San Diego. The selected individual shall provide the day-to-day leadership necessary to direct material control, equipment, subcontractors and local authorities in construction of the project. This includes input on estimates, schedules and quality control during the project pre-construction phase. The superintendent shall work the necessary time to fulfill the requirements of project objectives and completion schedule and maintain best practices in field operations to ensure timely completion of projects, quality control and compliance with OSHA standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the pre-project planning sessions to familiarize with project requirements, schedules, and budgets.
- Organize and conduct the pre-construction conference with subcontractors to familiarize them with the project schedules, construction methods, company procedures and policies, and quality standards.
- Assist the project manager to organize the project buy-out.
- Continually be aware of project progress, schedules, and requirements for completion and update the schedule with the project manager accordingly.
- Read and interpret plans, specifications and contract documents and consult with the project manager, architect, and engineer on design problems or change orders.
- Establish job-specific goals.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the project manager to ensure proper coordination of responsibilities for the project.
- Provide daily job reports with pertinent activities and information.
- Determine and recommend changes in methods, schedules, procedures, and improvements on the project for approval.
- Prepare a realistic work schedule and hold a preparatory meeting prior to the start of each new activity so that the subcontractors understand how the work is to be performed. Inspect the work progress for compliance.
- Ensure that any company safety policies are fully enforced at all times on the project.
- Ensure that material is delivered to the construction site per established agreements and as scheduled.
- Walk the project on a daily routine to review problems, progress to schedule, subcontractor"s performance, compliance with plans and specifications and the quality of work being performed.
- Ensure that all testing required is properly conducted and that testing results are properly recorded.
- Direct quality control standards and supervise their implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 plus years of experience in construction
- Minimum of 5 plus years of multi-family, office building, real-estate, construction/renovation, capital improvement experience
- Ability to manage multiple project schedules and ensure timely completion
- Technical knowledge and experience in given field of inspection work
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Ability to communicate clearly with Owners, Senior Management, co-workers, and vendors.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time off, Paid Holidays, Paid Training
- Career Development and Incentive Program
- Annual barbecues and other social gatherings
Goldrich Kest provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Goldrich Kest is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act