This Superintendent professionals interfaces with and monitors supervision and craft employees and/or major subcontractor supervision and construction engineering, direct hire craft productivity and performance and/or reporting on subcontractors performance.
A well establish General Contractor that has projects across many areas. This project in particular is for roads and highways in North Texas.
- Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
- Assists craft/subcontractors in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
- Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
- Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
- Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
- Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
- Verifies that all material and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
- Maintains a daily log for site records.
- Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
- Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
- Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents/Facilitators and Construction Manager.
- Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
- Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
- Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
- Assists the Construction Engineer in compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests. Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required.
- Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
- Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
- Identifies potential back charges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- This position is not available for visa sponsorship
- This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
- 5+ years experience as Superintendent on equivalent road and highway projects
- Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred
- Budget and Cost Control Skills
- Industrial relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues
- Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
- Construction safety awareness and comprehension
- Conflict Management Skills
- Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment on boarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
A respected and well know company with an encouraging work environment. Additionally above market compensation and benefits as our client realizes that their employees are their best resource.