Job ID: 139484
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The Superintendent is responsible for managing production staff and ensuring plant safety. Making improvements to production through work practices, forming utilization, raw material usage and ultimately ensuring product quality. Assembling the team and individual responsibilities to meet production efficiencies. Develop front line Leads to be more effective by providing feedback.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities to meet the expectations of the CAST schedule.
- Contribute to a positive team spirit
- Examine and inspect work and equipment to verify safety and ensure that specifications are met
- Organize material and worker requirements to complete jobs; supervising, training & developing employees
- Coordinate tasks with other departments for the completion of projects.
- Substitute for workers during worker absence or contribute to work-congested areas
- Assist workers in resolving problems and evaluating performance
- Responsible for assisting in reviews of direct reports
- Assist in the corrective action/progressive disciplinary process for all reports
- Other duties may be required as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Must have previous supervisory experience
- Must have precast related work experience, at least 2 years is preferred
- Ability to read/write and comprehend shop drawings, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information to fellow employees of the organization
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Leadership skills; ability to lead meetings and teams
- Strong interpersonal and organizations skills
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to layout work on pour tables, forms, both modular and fixed. Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.