Terrific opportunity to join a fast growing multifamily builder as a superintendent for a large construction project, located in Milpitas; Project is a wrap 5 story (266 units) development. My client develops, owns and manages a real estate portfolio worth over 1 billion with over 6,000 units. They are one of the most active multifamily developers in the San Francisco bay area, Orange County and Sacramento County. This is a 2-3 year project and has potential to move to other projects as completed.
The Superintendent is responsible for all activities at the construction site including: safety, schedule, quality assurance, cost control, subcontractor coordination, and adherence to State and Federal OSHA requirements. He or she provides leadership and direction at the jobsite by providing oversight on all construction efforts and direction for the future. He or she works closely with Project Management to ensure a safe, well-built project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Management and coordination of day-to-day construction field operations.
- Enforce Company Group’s IIPP requirements and ensure that the subcontractors are following good safety practices on a daily basis by performing daily job walks, documenting the results of those walks, updating daily reports, holding periodic jobsite safety meetings and document all incidents and injuries according to the IIPP. Takes decisive actions when any unsafe condition or action is discovered – Zero tolerance.
- Maintain the project in a neat and clean manner which is conducive to a safe working environment with increased production.
- Ensure project conformance with all safety standards, building codes, plans, specifications and best construction practices.
- Monitor and document all SWPPP, BMP and storm related paperwork related to the project including job surveys and updating of the SWPPP plans and keeping all files up to date.
- Notify the subcontractors with advanced notice so they can properly plan their work and coordinate their work with other trades. Maintain good working relationships with all subcontractors ensuring that the subcontractors are treated fairly.
- Review and establish “Hot Issues” with each trade reviewing work for general compliance. Lead weekly subcontractor coordination and scheduling meetings reviewing inspection requests, inspection failures, required documents, testing and inspection requirements.
- Manage and coordinate project inspections, permits and sign-offs.
- Read all types of plans: architectural, structural, MPE, civil, etc.
- Manage the project schedule in MS Project and determine the most advantageous sequencing of work.
- Work successfully with Owners, consultants and governing agency representatives.
- Review and coordinate submittals and shop drawings.
- Resolve field issues through the RFI process.
- Maintain the highest level of Quality Assurance.
- Ensure adherence by all site personnel to OSHA, State and Federal, requirements.
- Documentation of daily jobsite activities and conditions.
- Manage the billing process with the Project Manager including subcontractor bills, material supplier bills and Owner billings.
- Supervise receipt of project related goods onsite ensuring organized and secure storage of goods before, during and after install.