Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking full-time Supervisors to work in Madison and St. Clair Counties servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas; work hours are to be determined and will include evening hours.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Supervise staff and services at various Housing Programs in both Madison and St. Clair counties.
- Coordinate development, planning, implementation and evaluation of services according to all governing policies and procedures to improve services.
- Set an example for and reinforce evidence-based practices, including but not limited to, the recovery philosophy utilizing the elements of hope, respect, empowerment, health/wellness and spirituality/connectedness, trauma-informed care, harm reduction and housing first practices.
- Act as a role model and provide leadership and direction to staff to ensure positive interaction within Chestnut and the community.
- Train and evaluate staff, interns and volunteers.
- Coordinate referrals and maintain referral sources.
- Participate in program development activities to improve services to consumers.
- Provide direct services to consumers and their families at a 20% productivity expectation.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and consumer information.
- Perform other duties as assigned, required or specifically negotiated with supervisor.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with some college preferred and five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience working in the area of providing or supervising services to clients in the social service industry; or a Bachelor’s degree in a helping profession with relevant administrative experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Position requires the ability to communicate effectively with employees, patients/consumers, families, and co-workers, demonstrate effective problem solving skills with the ability to use sound judgment and be able to respond effectively and calmly with conflict-related and/or emotional situations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled