Esterline Technologies Corporation
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Engineered Materials, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is a leading diversified manufacturer of highly engineered, organic, and in-organic elastomer based products.
Title: Supervisor II - Production
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Works with: Direct and Indirect Union Employees, TA managers and other employees, auditors, customers and suppliers.
Location: Valencia, CA, USA
Type: Full Time
The Production Manager will actively lead a designated portion on the manufacturing organization to ensure that products produced meet all TA Aerospace as well as customer requirements in the areas of performance and quality. Additionally, the Production Manager will ensure that products are manufactured within budget and on schedule.
- Develop, deploy, and sustain effective processes to ensure maximum utilization of material and people resources. Apply continuous improvement techniques in all areas.
- Develop a responsive manufacturing organization with clearly defined authority, responsibility, and goals.
- Assist in attracting, hiring, developing, mentoring, and motivating all personnel required to implement the product group’s manufacturing plans, programs and strategies.
- Perform regularly scheduled performance appraisals, skills certifications, and provide real-time performance feedback.
- Collaborate closely with other production managers & functions including: Quality, HR, Finance, EH&S, Customer Service/Contracts, Design Engineering and R&D.
- Champion and support the Esterline Operating System (EOS) including Policy Deployment, Lean Transformation, Strategic Sourcing, TPS and Continuous Improvement Philosophy with hands-on involvement and reinforcement.
- Provide leadership through personal modeling of Esterline’s People Philosophy.
- Ensure that departmental performance metrics are posted and displayed, assessments are conducted, and visual management systems are maintained.
- Provide mentoring and training to staff. Identify departmental training requirements and coordinate with Human Resources to provide necessary education for skills enhancement and job enrichment.
- Achieve and maintain open communication between employees and management and provide support to all levels of employees.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to standardize work instructions, processes and improve tooling and equipment adequacy. Sponsor equipment TPM activities. Identify and introduce capital equipment to improve direct labor efficiency and overall ROI.
- Assist with establishment of annual department operating budget and monitor monthly budget performance.
- Support established company quality objectives and monitor the workplace for compliance with safety requirements and practices.
- Self-motivated team leader with ability to lead and sustain improvement activities.
- Strong employee relations experience (experience in a union environment preferred)
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Strong leadership skills - effective in motivating and directing a team for positive results
- Strong knowledge of ERP, automated scheduling systems and software programs including Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of/experience with manufacturing support functions such as Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities, or Materiel
- Strong business acumen and customer interaction experience
- Strong philosophic knowledge of and direct participation in Enterprise-wide Continuous Improvement Activities
- Strong organizational, communication, planning and presentation skills.Education/Previous
- Undergraduate degree in business or engineering discipline strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ production management experience required, preferably in an Aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a union environment preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet