A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for working with Procurement, Planning, Project Management, Operations, and Suppliers to continuously improve performance of the Supply Chain by implementing process controls, and managing and developing key supplier's quality assurance programs. This position has two distinct but complementary sides: 1) A technical side that would be used to assist Suppliers with technical issue resolution. 2) An Administrative/Management side that would manage the documentation, metrics, audits, improvement initiatives, and overall supplier management and development process (Supplier Quality Management).
This department is responsible for maintaining and improving the Quality Management system including defining a sound supply chain. The Quality Assurance team is responsible for overall health of Supplier Quality for Life Sciences and Performance Materials for products managed by the Sheboygan and Milwaukee sites.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferably in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or other Life Science.
A minimum of 3 years' experience in Quality Assurance Department or Supplier Quality background is required.
- A minimum of 3 years ' work experience in a Production or Engineering environment.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledgeable in ISO 9001:2015, TS 16949, and ISO 13485
- FMEA, Lean, Six Sigma candidates
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well with diverse groups of people and is able to function independently of direct supervision.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Understanding of project management(experience preferred)
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why's, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, FMEA, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing and the ability to travel domestically and abroad.
- Up to 25% travel.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.