Qualification:Science / Engineering Graduate
• Understand, interpret and clarify functional requirements as well as technical requirements and requirement standards for the project.
Design and Analysis:• Study assigned functional specifications.
• analyze and identify impact of specifications.
• raise queries and seek resolution from different stakeholders.
• Provide required support to develop the proof of concept.
Coding:• Develop coding (business layer coding, interface development, service development, creation of stored procedures etc) as required in the project.
• Raise clarifications / issues / concerns regarding work output to the lead on time.
• seek review from peer / Senior Developer periodically.
• rework on the code based on code review / defects raised in unit testing or any other relevant testing phases.
• participate in code peer review, as required.
• Highlight any potential risks to the Leads and seek inputs to resolve issues identified.
• support integration of components, as required.
• Update traceability matrix for the work package developed.
• provide support on process audit activities.
• Adhere to process and tools (usage of cognizant 20, awareness of Quality Management System).
• follow the SCM policies set for project.
• Testing: Write unit test cases for the specific unit.
• seek review from peer / Senior Developer for the test cases written.
• Execute the test cases.
• Capture and fix defects as and when found, and retest the areas during testing and warranty phase.
• Review work to ensure adherence to SCM policies set for project.
• Follow up on integration of the component developed with the application.
• Understand and execute automation tools for testing.
Defect Management:• Rework on the code based on review comments from code review / defects raised in unit testing, peer testing, SIT, UAT testing or any other relevant testing phases.
Process Improvements and Adherence:• Provide ideas for process optimization or valueadds that can be provided and share them with the relevant stakeholders.
• adhere to process and tools (usage of cognizant 20, awareness of Quality Management System, IDE etc).
Knowledge Management:• Contribute towards updating knowledge assets, user manual, online help document, installation manual / scripts.
• contribute / search / reuse all types of assets from repository.
Facilitate key workshops meetings with business IT vendors Consistency management integration across the various deployments Project Plan Communication Plan creation and maintenance Action Risk Log creation and maintenance Responsible for trackingreporting project status handling escalations Weekly Project Status Reports Monthly Steering Committee Reports Value Realization tracking Training Plan and Training tracker creation and maintenance Value business case tracker creation and maintenance GoLive sign off support Handover checklist creation and maintenance Lessons learned creation