The primary purpose of this position is to support MNJ internal systems, desktops, laptops, servers, applications and other line of business systems. This position is responsible for first-level administration and triage of desktops, laptops, servers, business applications, phone systems, email, printers, security, FAX and teleconferencing systems. In addition, this position will handle installation, configuration-to-order, computing hardware setup, device configuration, PC and Server imaging, and testing services to MNJ customers and employees.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and concise technical and customer support for issue resolution via ticketing system, email, instant messaging, and/or phone.
- Independently identifies areas of efficiency and determines when to use distribution and manufacturer configuration services in addition to, or in place of, MNJ internal configuration services.
- Perform installations and configurations of desktops, laptops, servers, storage devices, networking equipment, peripheral equipment and software for MNJ internal and customer external systems.
- Perform on-site and remote support to our customers and employee as needed. Remote or on-site support for requests related to the installation or support of various systems, servers, PCs, applications or infrastructure wiring, on an as needed basis.
- Work with MNJ vendors’ support to help resolve technical problems with PC equipment, servers, storage devices, networking equipment, peripheral equipment and software.
- Resolve technical support challenges and issues as presented from customers and employees. Escalate if necessary.
- Utilize company software system to document work performed and track all time with status, next steps and troubleshooting process in a timely manner.
- Continue professional development and learning with exposure to new technologies and complete certifications as directed by the company.
- Work through and correct issues that arise surrounding first level support using problem solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience in a helpdesk support type position.
- Ability to occasionally travel to local customers is required.
- Experience using Server/Workstation hardware and the Windows operating system (how to install, troubleshoot, upgrade).
- Basic technology troubleshooting skills.
- Basic knowledge and exposure using Office 365 Applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using remote access tools and Web Browsers required.
- A+ or Network+ Certification preferred.
- Experience using deployment tools like Windows Deployment Services (WDS) preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to work politely and confidently with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer