Support Team Lead
Our employees tell us they love working for a global organization focused on collaboration, teamwork and customer outcomes. Since 1979, QAD has provided solutions and services for customers in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial and life sciences industries so they can better align daily operations with their strategic goals. We offer an amazing culture and comprehensive suite of health and wellness benefits so that employees can focus on helping customers reach our vision for them: the Effective Enterprise.
As the Support Team Lead, you will manage a team of Support representatives that are dedicated to providing support via telephone and internet from customers and partners regarding QAD ERP products. You would also ensure that all necessary staff, tools and other resources are in place and appropriately deployed to address and resolve customer issues related to company products/applications and operating environments.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide day to day leadership to local team members by demonstrating an understanding of Global Product Support processes and QAD policies.
- Ensure team compliance with process requirements, procedures and quality standards and procedures (readiness for ISO Internal audits).
- Manage resource scheduling and utilization and ensure team’s proficiency in new product technologies by organizing or overseeing participation in formal and informal training.
- Ensure accuracy, understanding and delivery of the team’s performance.
- Ensure service level agreement (SLA), quality and productivity targets & indicators of Support team are achieved. Liaise with QAD internal teams on problem analysis, best solution and maintenance release.
- Regularly monitor logged issues and take action as needed to address issues/concerns. Provide and implement recommendations for process improvements. Assist with technical issues as required. Conduct review and verification of Knowledge Base articles.
- Provide leadership for direct reports (e.g. hire, train, arrange for product certifications, motivate, discipline, career planning). Responsible for interviewing, selection and training of resources. Coach and mentor team members for performance improvement and professional/career development. Conduct performance evaluations and define bonus targets for the team.
- Monitor the state of customer satisfaction; Address/resolve escalated matters; work directly with local customers on escalated, complex and/or sensitive matters. Involve senior management as appropriate.
- Participate in global team lead activities and local cross-functional/operational team activity
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- 8+ years in support industry, of which 5 years in supporting information systems or software application environments, and minimum of 2 years in a leadership role. Some years of experience in the ERP industry is preferred.
- University/Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Manufacturing Management Operations, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. APICS certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Progress database knowledge at proficient level is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong customer support focus, proven leadership ability (measures and monitors work, focuses on results through motivating and engaging others) and strong business acumen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation