FedEx Trade Networks provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are currently searching to fill a Surface Transportation Coordinator position in our Auburn, WA location. This position is responsible for providing customers with the highest quality service by providing consistent customer service and resolution in order to ensure timely release and/or inbound or outbound movement of freight/cargo.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide and ensure a high level of customer service by developing and maintaining a strong relationship with customers' front line personnel in the various operating divisions and subsidiaries. Prepare, analyze, and/or submit documentation to the appropriate parties (U.S. Customs, agents, clients) in order to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to customs and transportation. Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems which could delay the timely release or movement of freight. Maintain relationships with correspondent brokers, T&B, and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customers' service requirements. Resolve banking and letter of credit problems. Advise customers on payment terms. Resolve billing issues and ensure that invoicing and vendor payments are billed accurately. Complete accurate data input or corrections into computer files. Obtain payment on delinquent accounts and/or complete accounting adjustment forms for review. For transportation customer service reps: develop rates and/or provide quotes for the movement of freight. Research and negotiate carrier rates. Resolve billing issues, coordinate post entry activity on customer's behalf.
- High school diploma/GED
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong cust svc, organizational & communication (written/oral) skills
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations & other federal regulations and requirements w/respect to specific area of expertise (chb, air trans, ocean trans, surf trans) as applicable depending on functional department.
- Sur trans: regulations for import/export; DOT. Basic math skills for conversions to metric and currency evaluations. One and a half (1 1/2) years of work/field experience preferred.
- Knowledge in how to fill out and properly execute on domestic bills of ladings, up to and including understanding the terms and conditions and how they are applied to Surface Transportation
- Knowledge of retailer appointment methods such as on-line, email and other scheduling methods
- Hazmat certified and have a high level of understanding on how to route dangerous goods over the road
- Must have a complete understanding of all 6 modes of Surface transportation (Cartage, Drayage, FTL, LTL, Small Package and Intermodal)
- Strong communication verbally and well as electronically with all 6 types of Surface transportation in accordance with their modes
- High level of knowledge on DOT over the road rules and regulations
- Strong knowledge of North American tariffs, classifications and regulations such as the NMF-100 series and Czarlite tariff.
- Need to know dimensions and other trucking specifics (single, double axel, knowing what to ask to ensure the correct mode and trucks are applied to shipments)
- Able to communicate with internal CSR reps to verify surface shipping needs (are permits required, tarps, special handling etc)
- Firm knowledge of cargo shipment limitation
- Understand tariff, rules tariff, and other carrier terms and conditions that apply to all modes.
- Basic level of Excel knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years of surface transportation and/or trucking industry
FedEx Trade Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.