Spherion is a staffing leader with local roots and a passion for placing the right person in the right job. We find people jobs, we love what we do.
Looking to learn a skill trade and work with a well established company in Frederick, MD? Give us a call today to hear more about this great opportunity as a SURFACE TREATMENT OPERATOR
Job Duties Include:
• Essential Functions of the Job (listed in order of importance):
• Prepare, tools, paint, screens and other materials for the surface treatment process ensuring the right formulation, color, etc. to customer requirements and drawings
• Prepare raw material for surface treatment process including pre-treatment chemical bath, masking, hanging of material, etc.
• Apply paint, powder coat, silk screen/pad print material to product within specified tolerances and customer requirements
• Review aesthetics of finished product for non-conformances, quality standards, customer requirements and prepare non-conformance reports as needed
• Maintain surface treatment area in a clean manner to minimize contamination to product
• Comply with all health and safety requirements based on each operation
• Complete all required production paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
• Participate in and support improvement projects within production environment
• Assist in other cells as required, i.e. assembly
• Ability to complete assigned functions in a time sensitive/variable environment (low volume/high variability)
Contract to hire Opportunity!
Working hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
• Ability to interact with others both verbally and in writing to meet the position objective
• Ability to apply common sense and logic in the resolution of problems
• Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes to complete assigned tasks
• Ability to communicate with others ensuring the comprehension of the other party
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, reports, other documentation to meet position objectives, i.e. blueprints, bill of materials, routers, etc.
• Ability to determine color, thickness, and finish to meet customer expectation via router and customer drawing review
• Knowledge of and ability to use established technology including hardware and software (computers, tablets, ERP/MRP software, MS Office products)
• Ability to apply manual dexterity to complete assigned tasks
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Two to five years previous industrial paint and/or manufacturing experience; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.