United Surgical Partners International specializes in the development and operation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities in the U.S. We provide first-class surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees as our number one asset.
Our mission is to care for every patient and their family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time.
We are seeking a motivated Surgical Scrub Tech to join our team in a multispecialty ambulatory surgery center. The tech can expect to care for pediatric through geriatric patients. Our scope of service includes gastroenterology, orthopedics, ENT, urology, pain management, GYN, and general surgery. This is a fast paced environment committed to producing the highest quality work for our surgery center.
Job Summary: Anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room. Reporting Relationship: Reports to Clinical Director/Administrator
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
2. Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
3. Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
4. Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
5. Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
6. Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
7. Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
8. Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
9. Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
10. Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
11. Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
12. Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
13. Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
14. Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
15. Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
16. Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
17. Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma / GED; completion of a Scrub Technician Program. Certification preferable. Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.