Survey Instrument Operator
|Category:||Maintenance / Skilled Trades|
|Type:||Temp to Perm|
|Description:|| SURVEY INSTRUMENT OPERATOR |
Seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Instrument Operator. Applicant must be a responsible, highly motivated, detail oriented individual interested in joining the Land Surveying department based in Reston, Virginia. A majority of our survey work is urban surveying within the District of Columbia. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary/utility, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, site monitoring, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Supervise the survey crew in the occasional absence of the crew chief.
- Work independently as a one person crew as required.
- Daily instrument care and uploading/downloading of data collectors.
- Obtain accurate field locations and correct coding for a “field to finish” mapping product.
- Keeping clear and concise field notes and recording them in the project record daily.
- Continual advancement in survey knowledge staying abreast of changing technology.
|Requirements:|| Job Requirements: |
- Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
- Minimum of five (5) years of dependable instrument operation experience. (DC experience a plus)
- Must have good communication, mathematical and computer skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge with the use of Topcon survey equipment and software. (GPS/RTK Robotics, Total Stations, Levels, and Data Collectors). Ability to operate scanning equipment a plus.
- Photographic skills necessary to record site conditions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug/alcohol test and/or obtain a security clearance.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
|Job Location:||Reston, VA|
|Synerfac Branch:||Tysons Corner, VA|
|Synerfac Branch Phone:||(703) 918-9880|