Postal/Zip Code: []
APAC – Texas Inc., Trotti & Thomson, an Oldcastle Material Company, is located at the heart of Jefferson County. Because of its diverse economy, Beaumont has long been home to APAC-Texas’s most eclectic branch. Our branches are locally run and managed by the best people in the business. Our employees are our most valuable resource. Our primary goal is to send every employee home in the same condition they arrived to work in.
Responsible for computing and laying out measurements and calculations for planning and construction purposes.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying instruments.
- Works from engineering plans to establish lines and grades for construction purposes
- Keeps engineering notes and records of data secured
- Computes cross sections of work performed for cost purposes, including measurement and calculation of quantities for planning and payment
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Able to coordinate to meet the surveying needs of various crews by completing daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site.
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Assist construction / paving crew / plant crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking and running wheelbarrow as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
• Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Must be willing and able to travel to work sites, which are in different locations around our division.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Have a safe driving record with a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- Experience developing models for GPS controlled equipment using Autocad. (optional requirement)
- Topcon/ Timble training desired.
- Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or climb or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as needed.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
APAC - Texas Inc., Trotti & Thomson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
APAC - Texas Inc., Trotti & Thomson is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.