Permanent position: A Professional Engineering service and Land Surveyor company located east of Raleigh, NC is looking for a Surveyors. Will accept candidates with varying types of surveying experience. Some relocation provided for qualified candidates. APPLY NOW!
Responsibilities for the Surveyor• Work closely with survey manager on multiple projects to monitor the progression of work and ensure that schedules and quality control goals are met.
• Calculate geographic positions from survey data.
• Gather physical survey data.
• Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
• Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries
• Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations
• Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS)
• Record the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features. Survey land or bodies of water to measure or determine features
• Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements. Survey land or bodies of water to measure or determine features
Requirements for the Surveyor
• 2+ years relevant experience required
• Professional Land Surveyor licence highly preferred
• Will accept candidates that range from field crew to party chief to lead construction surveyor experience
• Experience in construction staking a plus
• Comprehensive benefit package
• Company paid health insurance
• Company will pay for education and certifications
• Relocation assistance