Welcome to Country View Family Farms! We’re a progressive family owned company with deep roots in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, we have operations in PA, IN, and MI. Known for being industry leaders in our practices and animal care, we live by our core values of ethics, integrity and stewardship.
Country View Family Farms is a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group. Come grow with us as we continue to vastly expand our swine operations. Join a team of individuals passionate about agriculture.
We’re Hiring a Swine Nutritionist to be located in Pennsylvania. In this role you will lead a nutritional team engaged in the development and implementation of the CVFF swine nutrition and feed quality programs throughout the CVFF company mill(s) and toll mill operations. .
We Offer a competitive salary and bonus system based on performance, along with a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, prescription coverage, short-term disability, life insurance as well as paid time off and educational assistance. In addition, we offer a generous Sharing Plan, which includes a 401k with company match, and profit sharing.
What You Would Be Doing
- Work with feed formulation software to develop and manage feeds formulated for CVFF feed mill(s) operations and toll mill locations
- Assess the relative nutritional value of various ingredients and feedstuffs for use in complete feeds
- Assess the relative nutritional value of complete feeds purchased from outside suppliers
- Work closely with the procurement group
- to source the highest quality ingredients at the best price
- to maintain criteria for ingredient purchases
- to bid out ingredients where appropriate
- to develop an approved supplier program
- Develop and monitor a Quality Assurance (QA) program for ingredients and complete feeds
- Creating plan for feed testing at internal mills, identifying gaps in testing programs of toll-mills & providing feedback
- Support CVFF feed mill(s), and companies providing toll milling services, with issues related to QA, manufacturing processes and regulatory responsibilities
- Interact with the FDA and other public officials to maintain compliance to all local, state and federal requirements regarding complete feeds and feed manufacturing
- Interact with the swine production team to monitor performance and make nutritional adjustments when deemed necessary
- Monitor feed budgets and adjust when needed
- Create and manage reports relative to ingredient, complete feeds and financial analysis for feed related projects
- Maintain on-going awareness of technical and science-related issues relative to swine nutrition and feed management
- Attend industry and science based meetings
- Develop relationships with industry representatives
- Meet with suppliers to stay current on new ingredients and technologies
- Attend feed milling educational programs
- Work closely with agricultural colleges/universities in states where CVFF conducts business
- Provide oversite for CVFF swine nutritional research programs
- Work closely with CVFF herd health providers to optimize performance
This Role is for You if:
- You have a PhD degree in Swine Nutrition, or MS degree with significant experience.
- You have strong organizational and communication skills
- You are detail-oriented with the ability to review processes and identify internal control gaps.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills.
- You have the ability to interact with Team Members and Vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- You possess good computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and proficiency in Excel.
- You have the ability to: readily modify, respond to and integrate change with minimal personal resistance; identify elements of a problem situation and understand which components are critical.
- The ability to identify actions necessary to achieve task completion and to obtain results
- The ability to: establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes; identify long-range goals and design plans to attain them; understand the needs of a situation and establish effective action plans; evaluate future implications of current decisions and actions.
- The ability to identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option; the ability to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.