Swiss Machinist - Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Direct-Hire Placement that offers excellent starting wage and full benefits package!
Set-up and operate Swiss Screw machines to manufacture parts to specification. Must be able to work a team environment, supervisor area team, operate machines, optimize quality and productivity, and perform other tasks as assigned.
Supervise to quality and production standards, working from prints, process routings, engineering orders, and/or job samples to achieve, or to exceed quality and production standards.
Inspect parts periodically using predetermined gaging instruments such as micrometers, verniers, comparator and other job specific gaging to maintain specified requirements.
Perform SPC as required. Use the results to make adjustments, or request assistance in making adjustments, to achieve the required CPKs, to establish process capability, and to determine tool-change frequencies.
Do set-ups, make tooling adjustments, maintain and grind tools, change tools/inserts, repair set-ups, and prepare machines for set-up.
Separate chips from parts, wash all and count some of the parts as trained and instructed.
Interface with set-up group leaders and with other operators, to maximize departmental production, to execute schedules (meet lead times), and to allow uninterrupted set-ups to take place.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Swiss Screw experience along with 1-2 years’ experience supervising personnel is required.
- Experience in an assembly/manufacturing environment, with an emphasis in knowledge of production scheduling and Lean Manufacturing principles is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of information, such as technical procedures, business correspondence, and governmental regulations furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Create business-level written correspondence and verbally present information to internal and external customers.
- Requires job related software skills, MS Office and the ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Modern production facility with heat and air conditioning
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to stand, sit, walk; use hands and fingers, talk and hear