MIDTOWN is looking for a System Administrator to add to our first class organization.
About Our Company
MIDTOWN Corporate Office is a pleasant work environment serving our upscale athletic clubs and club management partners across North America. Our team of associates is committed to exceptional performance, delivering our promise to members, and supporting a workplace where everyone can reach their full career potential.
MIDTOWN ATHLETIC CLUBS is an industry leader in upscale fitness and sports resorts. Founded in 1970 as a single tennis club in Chicago, Midtown now has 8 full-service tennis and fitness facilities in the United States and Canada.
MIDTOWN HEALTH, sister company to Midtown Athletic Clubs, is a leader in fitness center management and employee wellness solutions for medically-integrated and corporate fitness centers throughout the United States.
Our System Administrator is responsible for the implementation and ongoing support of servers, systems and application software, and other IT technology on our network. It should be especially noted that the IT Systems Administrator role, while responsible for server and other IT technology, also focuses on the end user aspects of this technology. This individual will:
• Work directly with the Senior Engineer to support and maintain our Infrastructure.
• Identify areas in need of automation to make day-to-day operations more streamlined and efficient
• Manage and maintain and troubleshoot our Virtual environment and local and remote DR datacenters
• Work closely with Development and Project Managers to ensure seamless transition of software from Dev to Production and support the infrastructure needs of deployed software.
• Assist with daily Help Desk support
Our most successful System Administrator will have:
• Full working knowledge of Windows, Windows Server (2008. 2012 etc...)
• Working Knowledge of MS System Center products primarily Hyper-V and SCVMM
• Working Knowledge of Citrix Xen Desktop, Xen App, and Citrix published applications.
• Working Knowledge of Azure and other cloud based systems
• Familiarity with O365 administration
• Familiarity with object-oriented scripting – PowerShell (.Net a plus)
• Familiarity with networking concepts (VPN, Routing Protocols)
• Familiarity with the following: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, LDAP, SSH
• Real world problem solving and troubleshooting experience with a variety of systems primarily in the Microsoft stack
• Tier 1 and 2 Desktop and System support through the Helpdesk System.
• The ability to periodically work evenings, nights, and weekends.
• The ability to occasionally travel in the Chicagoland area along with possible out of town locations a few times per year
The ideal candidate will have strong technical abilities across the IT operations stack (systems, hardware, and networking). With a good understanding of the software environment (middleware, database and applications). Technical leadership and ability to respond quickly is a must as you will be called upon to troubleshoot and remediate production impacting incidents in real time.
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.