Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is looking for a System Administrator, Clinical Imaging for the Radiology area of Information Services!
This position is responsible for supporting the Custom Programming Group Manager with the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and system monitoring for any hardware and/or software involved in the day to day business of the CORP IT Radiology department. This includes but is not limited to: VMware, Win OS, Linux devices and Sql server DB administration.
• Responds to and immediately troubleshoots RIS problems reported by Rad-Oncall, Enterprise support staff or end-users, in conjunction with or in lieu of the System Admin;
• Performs server hardware and software installations, specification, management, monitoring, and maintenance tasks;
• Maintains Central Management Server, on which HP System Insight Manager runs various and comprehensive data-gathering jobs at frequent intervals, reporting and organizing a large collection of status messages from RIS, PACS and MISC hosts;
• Assesses and responds to events and faults trapped by server management agents and sent to the CMS. Notifications of present or impending faults are distributed by email/pager/cell phone according to default and configured conditions and thresholds. The incumbent’s interpretation of these messages and notifications, aided by SIM’s severity ratings, proactively maximizes availability. The System Manager contacts vendors for serviceable events and/or responds to vendor-initiated Remote Support tickets/phone calls, meeting with engineers onsite as needed to effect repairs;
• Continuously documents server issues, researching, discussing, and detailing the conditions that produced them and steps taken toward remediation;
• Manages and monitors SQL Server Agent activity, including RIS database and log backup, re-indexing, optimization jobs, and notifications received by pager/email.
• Tracks servers’ free drive space, virus definition updates, critical services, and backup results via daily, automated, emailed System Management Dashboard reports;
• Participates in periodic fail-over tests and trial restores of databases from backup tapes;
• Sets up and maintains performance monitoring logs, collecting and charting baseline and production counter values for utilization of processor, disk, memory, network, etc.
• Applies vendor-approved firmware, software updates, OS and app patches, monitoring performance and event logs before and after for anticipated or unanticipated results;
• Communicates service lapses or changes;
• Updates MIG request tickets in a timely manner to allow tracking the status of various projects and requests.
• Works with UPHS Help Desk to optimize Radiology application support;
• Orders office supplies;
• Helps maintain suitable environment for server hardware and software; helps in planning for disaster prevention and recovery.
• Participates in ongoing system management training;
• On call duties as required :
• - Responsible for taking secondary on-call within the SOPS group as assigned.
• - Responsible for taking Single point of contact (SPOC) on-call as assigned.
• Tasks as assigned related to the operations and purview of the Medical informatics’ Group
• Is expected to support and comply with all standards for UPHS licensure; to include JCAHO, State and any other licensing agency.
• Is expected to complete all annual in-service programs both online and on paper as established in UPHS and Department policies.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program
• 3+ years systems experience required.
• 1+ years prior administrative support of information systems required; preferably Hospital IT system.
Skills and Abilities:
• VMware, Windows server and MS SQL DB Administration
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Ability to troubleshoot, research, and solve problems
• Experience working on multiple projects concurrently
• Work independently and as a team player
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Strong written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage concurrent projects while meeting project deadlines
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.