Excellent opportunity in a growing emergency medicine and acute care health care provider practice, Emergency Physicians Professional Association (EPPA) is in search of a System Administrator I to be located in Bloomington, MN.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered to include, health, dental, life, long-term disability and long-term care insurance, 401(k).
Learn more about EPPA at www.eppahealth.com
Purpose: Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager, the Systems Administrator is responsible for installation / configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software related infrastructure. System Administrator will assist with EndPoint technical support, managing Service Desk tickets and network troubleshooting. Position will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Position will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to organization values, needs and people. Other projects and duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas: The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Analyzes user requirements to determine configuration and customization.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Develop relationships within the EPPA IT department and supported IT Vendors within the business unit and organization.
- Configures, implements, maintains and upgrade application modules.
- Develops basic understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies
- Supporting in-place technologies for our departments.
- Responsible for Microsoft Updates and third-party application updates.
- Responsibilities with CheckPoint, Microsoft Office 365, ManageEngine ServiceDesk and AD Manager Plus, Mobile Device Management (Air-Watch and Intune). Operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other IT functions.
- Installs, operates, manages, and maintains hardware and/or software, including administrator and service accounts, maintenance of system documentation, tuning system performance, backup/recovery, and other planned configuration changes and deliver support.
- Contributes to evaluation and recommendations for vendor products, manages and monitors policies and standards for the use of computing resources and executes on programs and projects within a specific IT Function.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or similar technical degree, two years of experience in end user support, systems administration, network administration or any related field. Any combination of education from an accredited college or university in a related field and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling (4) years may substitute for required education and experience.
- Industry IT certifications (CheckPoint, Microsoft, Citrix) is preferred.
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and supporting Windows applications.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office 365 Azure PowerShell
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and Ethernet technology as it applies to the organization.
- Knowledge of Active Directory Users and groups.
- Patch management system
- Establishes and maintains trusting and respectful relationships with customers.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively cope with change.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and take effective action.
- Comfortably adjusts to alterations in work activities.
- Effectively demonstrates commitment to teamwork, responsive follow-through, and advocacy for customer issues.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Requires little assistance with standard and non-standard requests.
- Ability to pass I.T. industry standard certifications.
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented, reliable and self-starter.
- The ability to follow written guidelines and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures is critical, as is the ability to clearly document actions taken. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability of improving procedures and standards ensuring quality and delivery of service to customers.
- Demonstrated Problem Management Root Cause Analysis skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
Microsoft Windows Administration, MS Office, Azure PowerShell for Office 365, OS imaging software, VMware/Citrix virtual systems. Office or other equipment include: HP workstations, scanner, MFP, printers and peripherals.
Working Conditions: The standard workweek is Monday – Friday primarily at the EPPA Corporate business office location. On Call for evening and weekend work may be required as determined by our Clinical business need. Travel between work locations may be necessary to perform duties. Working conditions are of a normal office environment, including sitting, standing, fluorescent lighting, computer work, and other normal office conditions. Noise level is usually low to moderate in the office. While performing the duties of this position the employee is subject to constant interruption and is in direct contact with the public and employees.
The physical demands of these positions include the ability to sit for extended periods of time. This position require some walking and standing as well as bending and reaching at, below and above shoulder level. Some of lifting, pushing or pulling of objects generally not exceeding thirty pounds may be necessary. Repetitive use of fingers and hands to operate a keyboard and other office equipment is necessary, as is hearing and speaking ability (English) sufficient to provide information via phone and personal contact.
The work environment and physical demands of the positions as described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of a position in this clerical category. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of a specific position.
- Commitment to delivering timely, precise and friendly service to each of our customers.
- Assess the needs of our customers and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Respond to customer’s inquiries in a friendly manner.
- Display commitment to confidentiality and not discuss customers’ confidential information.
- Provide accurate and consistent information to our customers.
- Support Employer’s mission at all times.
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional and ethical standards.
- Display leadership, teambuilding, focusing on optimizing employee morale.
- Participate in development of new or improved operational practices.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the position and people in the position.
EPPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.