The role of System Administrator, a key role in the IT Department, will facilitate management and oversight to helpdesk staff and also plans for and designs AD, Exchange, and SQL implementations, maintenance, upgrades/migrations and DR. This role also has a requirement for PowerShell scripting to facilitate automation in the IT environment.
Days/Hours: 9:00am-5:30pm on Friday
Pay Range: $30.00-$45.00 per hour.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Helpdesk staff, ticket system and overall department direction and progress.
- Work directly with the Helpdesk staff and end users for feedback and QA on desktop images.
- Provide VIP escalations support for Helpdesk staff.
- Provide technical coaching to less experienced Helpdesk Administrators and Administrative Assistants.
- Conduct weekly Helpdesk meetings to address departmental and ongoing issues and recommend pro-active
- Updating, maintaining, and planning for DR of Active Directory Servers.
- Updating, maintaining, and planning for DR of SQL Servers.
- Updating, maintaining, and planning for DR of Exchange Servers.
- Rolling out changes and updates in a test and pilot setting before mass deployment.
- Recommend technology and process enhancements to improve service delivery for user desktop experience.
- Document all facets of the desktop performance process and resulting QA.
*Work with vendors such as VMWare and Microsoft to resolve complex issues that cannot be solved without
* Visit client sites for direct user feedback to their desktop experience in relation to their job functions and
Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or Business Management with equivalent work related experience preferred.
· Minimum of ten years of work experience within the IT industry
Microsoft MCSE in Server Infrastructure/Exchange/SQL or a combination thereof
· Expert in troubleshooting all software, hardware and networking applications and protocols.
· Experience in developing a change management process with extensive quality assurance logging and statistical analysis
· Experience in PowerShell scripting for desktop/server and network automation
· Experience in network concepts such as routers, switches, firewalls, virtual networking components.
· Understanding of servers and storage, and virtualization
· Experience customizing and tweaking Windows Server 2016 for desktop experience
· Excellent time management, prioritization, and documentation skills.
· Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to travel weekly to multiple offices
What We Offer
We are pleased to offer a competitive base salary, medical, short -term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and 401(k) plan with a company match.