Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.
This position requires a deep technical background, ability to identify areas to create value and differentiate from the competition and collaboration on internal and external customer partnerships to allow Infineon to meet design-wins and revenue goals. We are looking for someone who can understand the technical problems customers are facing and can provide technical solutions. The Application Engineer will work closely with customers and regional marketing, Sales and Field Applications engineers.
In your new role you will:
- Assist customers with designing-in our components and reviewing their schematics and board layouts and debugging issues in their systems. On-site support at customer labs
- Maintain and develop understanding of customer's products and applications
- Communicate with Infineon design centers and other functions as necessary to support customer design-in
- Develop customized solutions and reference designs
- Drive selected activities that through innovation, product to system selling and application competence drive revenue and design-wins growth. Selected activities include generation of collaterals, application notes, simulations, demo boards, contributing to product definition and IP creation
- Author articles for publication in trade magazines and journals
- Assist design engineers in evaluating and debugging the operation of new ICs
- Provide occasional lab characterization assistance to help test and analyze customer failures, provide system-level assessments, and report on root cause
- Use experience gained from customer support to influence definition of new products and applications
- Provide training to customers, to Infineon, Reps and Distis FAEs and to sales
- Occasional travel (Approximately 10-20% of the time)
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- 5+ years in engineering design and/or applications engineering and customer support. Strong academic and technical background
- BSEE or MSEE or PhD with hands-on experience AC/DC designs including extensive lab skills for the test and debug. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in Switch Mode Power Supplies, Lighting, LV Drives, Solar, Energy Storage or Electrical Vehicles, experience with Simplis and magnetics
- Able to lead in-depth technical discussions and to present technical features and benefits of our products
- Methodical approach to debugging electronics systems
- Familiar with support tools like MathCAD, programming experience a plus
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines both independently and with a cross-functional team
- Extensive knowledge of semiconductor design and application development and customer support
- Able to collaborate with all functions in the organization
- Prioritization, multiple project management, time driven results
- Extremely responsive, ready to jump on the most difficult design and/or customer issues instantly
- Effectively multi-task, manage priorities and solve technical problems independently
- Good at developing relationships with internal and external engineering community
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Self-learning, self-disciplined, and a good team player
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Willing and capable to take responsibility