|Job Id|| E1976449|
|Job Title||System Engineer - 5G (LTE & NR) PHY/MAC design (including C-V2X)|
|Company - Division||Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - Standards Engineering|
|Job Area||Engineering - Systems |
|Location||California - San Diego |
|Job Overview||Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.|
Qualcomm is seeking a System Engineer with demonstrated experience in wireless system design and simulations, with a focus on the 5G physical layer and related technical standardization.
***Travel is required***
The candidate will join a world-class team working on the design, promotion, standardization and deployment of new wireless communication functionalities.
- The primary responsibility of this candidate is to work on new functionalities including link level and system level simulations.
- The candidate is expected to directly participate in all the design stages as part of a team, identifying problems and design targets, developing solutions, and carrying out performance analysis and simulations.
- The candidate is also expected to provide technical contributions to various industry organizations based on Qualcomm designs, and prepare and give high quality presentations to Qualcomm colleagues.
- Attendance to 3GPP RAN1, 5GAA, SAE or other industry groups may become part of the job. In that case, the candidate is expected to travel for week-long meetings typically distributed between Europe, North America and Asia.
- The candidate will operate in collaboration with different business units within the company, including research projects and product groups.
- The candidate will work in an exciting environment with a team of some of the brightest systems engineers in the industry and will have frequent interaction with other engineering disciplines.
|All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.|
|Minimum Qualifications||Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.|
2+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience.
|Preferred Qualifications||**PhD, Masters or equivalent mix of education and experience, in a field related to communications, preferable wireless (cellular) communications.**|
- Solid understanding of wireless radio technology principles, including communication theory, digital signal processing and/or information theory.
- Applications from new graduates are welcome.
- Knowledge of the 3GPP LTE and NR physical layers including C-V2X and of 3GPP features up to Release 15 is preferable.
- Solid understanding of simulation environments and programming languages (C/C++/Matlab)
- Experience in wireless system design is essential
- Experience in standardization working groups is preferable
- A good understanding of end to end system design is a plus
- A good understanding of key business concepts and being able to relate this to various business strategies for both Qualcomm and others in the industry is also a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Candidate should highlight any experience as an editor, rapporteur or chair of standards bodies.
- Ability to work independently
|Education Requirements||Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.|
Preferred: PhD, Masters or equivalent mix of education and experience, in a field related to communications, preferable wireless (cellular) communications.