CWPS (www.cwps.com) supports Single Source Technology Solutions – Managed IT & Voice, Data Center Services, Storage, Virtualization, Networks and Technical Support. Customers. Our headquarters is based out of Chantilly, Virginia.
System Support Engineer Tier I- Silver Spring, MD
The Systems Support Engineer I is primarily responsible for working on supporting our client onsite. This position will handle technical support requests directly from customers as well as escalation from other team members and field engineers. Our engineers are responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, effective utilization of provided resources and the ability to deliver superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with desktop operating systems
- Email Administration with basic level user management including configuring new accounts, password resets, and troubleshooting user login, profile and permission issues
- Basic virtualization Administration which may include rebooting virtual machines, resource allocation, basic architecture knowledge
- Basic domain functionality experience with Active Directory functionalities, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- High level experience and knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Basic knowledge of Backup Solutions
- Basic knowledge troubleshooting client Remote Desktop Services and VPN
- Basic understanding of core network components
- Maintaining standards and documentation on an ongoing basis as products and technologies evolve
- Preferred experience in a fast-paced consulting or MSP environment
Education and Certifications
- At least 1 years of IT experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred certifications : CompTIA A+, Network+, OR Microsoft certifications
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong consulting and communication skills
- Confidence and experience in front of clients
- Strong ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and possess good time management skills
Customers First, Proven Performance, Lasting Relationships - CWPS continues to build on our 36-year track record of supporting private and public sector customers with affordable, turn-key IT solutions.
- CUSTOMERS FIRST. For more than 36 years, we at Connected WorkPlace Solutions (CWPS), have been fueled by the expert, full-service care we provide to each of our customers. The CWPS success story is written every day by over 140 dedicated professionals who continue to build on our track record of single-source solutions, aggressive pricing and satisfied customers.
- PROVEN PERFORMANCE. Our focus on serving customers has convinced the IT industry's leaders to partner with us and support our certified sales, installation and support teams. Our partners' commitment is further demonstrated by their accreditation and recognition of our superior performance in the Washington, DC region.
- LASTING RELATIONSHIPS. We support thousands of businesses, non-profits and public sector customers. Top names in the business and the public sectors turn to CWPS for their end-to-end information technology needs.
- CWPS is an equal opportunity corporation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
- For more information about CWPS, please check out our website at cwps.com