Governor Malloy has stated that the CJIS Governing Board’s projects were his highest priorities. In order to show progress and visibility the CJIS team needs a System Administrator with strong SCOM background who has at least Six (6) year’ experience in Information Technology (IT) Operations.
Specific Services Required
- Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement, create specifications, and implement.
- Identifying defects and entering them into the defect management tool.
- Comply with Change Management policies and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required (ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical people & the ability to communicate very technical details to other technical people)
- Proactive attitude & Initiative required / ability to work independently required
- Performing any duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Operations Manager.
At least three (3) years of the General Experience must have been performing professional information technology work in the following areas:
- Experience in authoring Operations Manager Management packs.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Suite, especially Operations Manager, Service Manager and Orchestrator
- Proven experience in authoring Operations Manager including customization and optimization from ground-up
- Experience in creating and publishing Operations Manager dashboards (alerts, state, performance etc.)
- Experience with Orchestrator runbooks
- PowerShell expert level
- Experience working in Firewalled environments
- Knowledge of working in a Virtual Server environments preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V clustered servers / Virtual Machine Manager very desirable
- Able to pass a State and Federal background check
- Knowledge of Visual Studio Authoring Extensions
- Knowledge of High-Availability environment including Failover Clusters
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Knowledge of network technologies and concepts is a plus
- Knowledge of entering incident/service requests in Microsoft System Center Service Manager and/or Footprints as they occur and following through to getting it to resolution
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178