Acuity, Inc. is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards. Acuity is growing and looking to hire additional Systems Administrators to join in our growth.
As the Lead Systems Administrator for Acuity, Inc. you should have the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently while remaining closely connected to a team structure. You should possess initiative and commitment to the company’s goals and a strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times. You will excel in this role by having a participative style and bias toward excellent and timely communication. You should be skilled at navigating through the challenges of working with a dynamic and ever changing landscape that comes with supporting a key federal agency.
Technologies: MS Windows, VMWare, LDAP, Active Directory, SharePoint, SQL
Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Perform system implementation, troubleshooting, and administration activities.
- Installation, training, support, monitoring, and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Trouble-shooting and resolution of problems as well as the communication, tracking, and reporting of these efforts.
- Performing imaging, restores, and ongoing management of systems, software, and hardware.
- Creating, maintaining, tracking, and communicating configurations and/or changes of configurations in hardware, software, data, permissions (or security-related information), etc.
- Providing development, maintenance, and communication of diagrams, system configurations, and technical documentation.
- Providing technical support for testing and evaluation.
- Documenting and maintaining security plans, diagrams, documentation, procedures, policies, logs, audits, audit trails, and reports.
- Lead team of system administrators to deliver technical support.
- Train and mentor junior system admins.
- Performing audits.
- Performing tasks required for decommissioning IT systems including implementation of security controls, media sanitization and configuration management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Four (4) years experience is an acceptable substitute for a bachelor’s degree.).
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years IT experience.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) Years specialized experience in Systems Administration.
- Microsoft Certification(s) is preferred.
- Preference for experience with mentoring and training staff.
- US Citizenship and active government security clearance (Secret required, Top Secret preferred).