Systems Administrator III
Req # 18011
Engineers and/or oversees the implementation of server systems projects. Sets up and maintains basic server operations, including assembly of server hardware and software, and implementation of required network services. Installs, performs necessary upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security configurations, software installation and file/directory access services. This person provides reports and documentation on their own actions as well as summary progress from Team Members. Acts as a third level of support as part of a team of technicians who maintain and support server systems. Identifies issues and resolves hardware and software problems through an appropriate course of action by using and establishing policies and procedures for the team. This person also acts as a resource to other staff and clients on systems technologies.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Sets up and maintains basic server operations, including assembly of server hardware and software, and implementation of required network services. This person performs installations, upgrades and configurations involving all aspects of Systems Administration and resolves hardware and software related system problems. Provides users with system technical support and responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of computing resources. Provides mentoring, training and support of other members of systems team.
- Specialized systems management: Responsible as primary or alternate one or more of the following systems: SQL, Desktop and Server Management Systems [System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM)/ System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), Antivirus Systems, Network Operations and Control], Email Systems (Exchange, SPAM filters), Storage Administration (SAN, NAS, etc), Data Protection, VMware/HyperV, SharePoint, Microsoft Identity Management (FIM/MIM), Clustering & Load-balancing technologies. Documents processes and common procedures.
- Project Management: Researches, Develops, and coordinates implementation of server systems. This position also works with other departments to translate their needs into business solutions. Develops budgetary requirements for equipment replacements needed for the department. Assists in development of specifications for new facilities and coordinates purchase and installation of new equipment through authorized vendors.
- Develops or establishes relationships with service providers. Maintains current skill set through professional initiative, on the job opportunities and available formal training.
- Participates in after-hours, on-call support rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Experience in a higher education environment
- MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP or similar industry-recognized system administration certifications
- Associates Degree in related field and 4 years related experience
- Trade off 2:1 in experience/education requirement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good communications (written and oral) and documentation skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work closely with individual team members.
- Must have solid troubleshooting skills.
- Specific understanding of industry trends, standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must have strong work ethic and the ability to implement relevant technologies.
- Must be able to perform a variety of complicated tasks with limited direction.
- Must be able to rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be able to perform a variety of tasks, a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have good organizational skills and have the ability to work with diverse staff and faculty of varying technical skill levels.
- Expert managing server and desktop operating systems.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and Web technologies.
- Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, NTFS and Microsoft Group Policy.
- Experience with Storage Administration (SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Experience with standard desktop productivity applications
- Expert with Active Directory including domain and organizational unit design concepts
- Experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, systems management & networking on multiple platforms
- Experience with Enterprise Data Protection and Backup solutions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Exchange, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Hyper-V & VMware, SharePoint, Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM), Citrix, or Clustering & Load-balancing technologies
- Experience with Power Shell and Linux Scripting
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Experience with Macintosh
- Team lead and/or Supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
- Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
All Candidates must apply at SLCC job site.
For immediate consideration, please click “Apply”
SLCC is an AA/EEO employer