1) Learn business processes and translate business needs and problem statements into solutions. This includes gathering and analyzing requirements and data in support of business cases, proposed projects, requested enhancements, and reported defects.
2) Collaborate with IT delivery and support teams to ensure delivery of solutions. This includes coordination of deliverables as well as navigating and following IT processes such as change control and documentation standards.
3) Collaborate with management, other analyst team members, and business partners to prioritize backlog items and gather business value information for delivered solutions.
Analyst team members within the ODMS data integration team will be responsible for the following:
• Management of User Stories and Defect Tracking in TFS
• Analyze the business requests and suggest changes / improvements where appropriate
• Conduct analysis work required in a comprehensive manner consistent with our best practices and standards
• Translate business requests into business, financial, and operational requirements related to data integration and data management
• Perform in-depth tests and quality assurance checks on data on an ongoing basis
• Coordinate with project managers, developers and/or testers on technical delivery
• Mockup designs and decompose requirements into instructions for technical teams
• Measure success/financial impact/time savings of proposed solution design
Perform data related investigations, track lineage and quality issues, review data layout and structures
The ideal candidate will have all of the following qualifications:
• Self-driven and able to function with minimal direction from Team Lead or Manager
• Has the ability to engage business and data stakeholders to resolve questions or issues
• Must have the ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must be a quick learner and a team player
• 5+ years of the following experience: data analysis, business and functional requirements gathering, ETL experience, process documentation, user facing, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn the entire end-to-end process, including any handoffs, in order to make solution recommendation to business partners.
• Intermediate to advanced MS SQL (SSMS) and MS Excel skills.
• Logical reasoning and attention to detail skills
• Experience with Medicare / Medicaid
Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least six, typically eight or more years experience in systems analysis, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.