The Systems Development Manager will collaborate with business partners and technology team members to deliver business analysis, development and support of strategic business systems for Bodega Latina Corp. Works closely with CIO to ensure business goals, strategies and objectives are translated into IT strategies, objectives and tactics. Works with business partners to build business cases to leverage technology to support strategic development, enhance stability, improve price/performance and mitigate risk. Ensure solutions fit into the architectural framework for IT at Bodega Latina Corp.
This individual will provide leadership and direction for information architecture. The role will initially involve a deep assessment of current business processes and their use of company collected data. The goal will be to extract information maintained in a variety of different data stores including SQL Server, Proprietary data stores and Excel to meet the reporting and business analysis needs of finance, operations, sales, HR and compliance. Strong SQL Server experience and skills are essential. Candidate must be a quick study and comfortable working independently and leading technical and non-technical teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in all phases of systems development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment, ensuring business process flow, information architecture, applications and infrastructure are optimal
- Leads the systems development life cycle, driving best demonstrated practices and adherence to architectural standards.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for enterprise systems, educating business clients and IT staff. Serve as a mentor for developing IT associates.
- Work with project management office to assess work effort and staffing requirements to ensure timely completion, expected scope and operation within budget of project effort.
- Partner in testing, training, implementation and support handoff.
- Minimum of 7 years leadership experience in systems design, applications development, technology deployment and technical staff leadership.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Business Intelligence platform.
- Minimum 5 years of client and vendor management experience.
- Stays current with emerging technologies and their impact on business
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing several projects.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Experience of interfacing with project managers and IT operations
- Possess excellent communication skills, the drive to succeed and work independently and on a team, with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics SL
- Knowledge of NCR POS, DAX and HQ
- .Net 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 an advantage
- Experience with Agile development methodologies