Systems Engineer – System Integrator
The role of the Systems Engineer is to install, configure, and maintain all aspects of our client’s core systems and infrastructure. Requires a passionate, motivated, self-starter to join the PCI IT Service Operations team, reporting to the Operations Manager, with thorough domain knowledge in areas such as server management (Windows, AD, HyperV, Citrix, VMWare), cloud operations, security, DNS, and storage.
This position will require superb interpersonal skills and a comfort in customer-facing support
- Develop, maintain, upgrade, and document all aspects of client’s core systems infrastructure
- Coordinate operation system software updates and software patches
- Act as the Technical systems resource on small to large scale projects
- Drive root cause analysis and remediation to complex system and application incidents
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Assist users to diagnose and solve data communication problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of hands on working experience in break fix resolving server, communication and network issues.
- Technical expertise in Windows 10, strong familiarity with Server 2016 and Exchange 2010, Active Directory and Group Policy administration.
- Must be able to diagnose and support virtual clients and connectivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an outgoing and positive attitude is required.
- Customer Service is KEY! Will have a client focus at all times, and be driven to provide quick and efficient resolutions to customers.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience working with ITSM and ticketing tools
- Good understanding of ITIL v3 standards
- Enthusiastic, positive person who embraces work with a sense of urgency and persistence
- Strong desire to assist the team and share knowledge
- Bachelor degree is preferred.
- A+ and/or Net+ certifications strongly preferred.
- Must be a US citizen, have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check.
PCI is Western New York's leading information technology service provider. For over 37 years, PCI has focused on our core client relationships, providing uncompromised IT network infrastructure technology solutions and support services.
PCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status. Applicants must be able to successfully pass a drug screening and background check to be considered.