· Minimum 3 years in overall Windows Operating System technical experience
· Minimum 5 years recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera AdminStudio
· Minimum 2 years experience utilizing Microsoft SCCM for automated software distributions
· Minimum 1 year experience with App-V or virtualizing applications
· Strong development experience, especially scripting, sequencing and packaging
· Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Powershell scripting
· A thorough understanding of how applications install on the Microsoft Windows platform
· Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry and ability to query and modify settings
· Ability to develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation
· Experience as a contributor on mid-size to enterprise wide projects
- Desktop management procedures including patch management approach, user experience improvements, workstation auditing and license metering
- Change Control processes
- Familiarity of standards and trends relative to the endpoint user experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to understand and explain application packaging and deployment strategies and effectively correlate steps and processes to achieve expected results
- Critical thinking and analytical problem solving skills – able to resolve problems, examine opportunities for process improvements and formulate an implementation approach.
- Work within and between team members, clients and other areas of IT
- Prioritize workload and maintain focus on deadlines
- Think abstractly and creatively solve technical problems
1. Application Packaging Analysis, Design and Implementation: 70%
· Responsible for creating and developing deployment packages of vendor and custom applications to meet business requirements
· Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as:
o Flexera AdminStudio
o Install Shield
o PowerShell Scripting
· Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment
· Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
· Partner with application specific support (including vendors) to perform root cause analysis on packaging issues.
· Participate in preparation of materials and presentations for customers and management
· Identify, resolve and escalate to management various business issues as appropriate
2. LOB project requests: 20%
· Partner with the business customer to understand requirements for creating seemless automated software installations. Includes design, build, test, pilot, and distribute the request to the client endpoints.
3. Provide verbal and written status reports to IT management and customers: 10%
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world's largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.