Apex Systems, part of On Assignment & the 2nd largest IT staffing Solutions firm in the country has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer for a client in Richmond, VA. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated version of your resume to Alex at email@example.com with the best contact information. Also, Apex offers a referral policy if you know anyone else who might be interested!
Work under general supervision to document, analyze, perform and interpret functional tests for new and/or modified data outputs. Perform varied and complex assignments testing data movement. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other technical personnel. Take ownership in proactively collaborates with team to deliver complete solutions
- MUST HAVE Spark experience
- MUST HAVE Java experience
- MUST HAVE AWS experience
- Develops and executes integration, system, and regression testing of data inputs/outputs
- Implements testing activities for project/value stream efforts while maintaining high quality execution; identifying task dependencies, test schedules, and the utilization of test environments, in both Agile and Waterfall based projects
- Ensures test deliverable are prepared per enterprise guidelines; monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met
- Interact with the product delivery team; actively participates in product requirement/design reviews to provide input on completeness of functional requirements, product designs, and schedules
- Collect and report test results through various metrics reporting tools and communicating to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Hold domain knowledge specific to the team
- Provide high availability automation solutions
- Practice automation development efficiency, maintainability and reusability
- Troubleshoot problems during automation execution
- Prepare and maintain domain documentation
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years experience with functional end to end testing, system testing, batch processing, user acceptance testing, and regression, SQL, PostgreSQL, Data movement automation, Spark, Java, AWS knowledge (s3, Lambda, EC2, EMR) Unix/Linux, Restful API, Database development, Complex queries, Data analysis and profiling, troubleshooting.
- At least 2 years of experience with one or more of: Scala, Python, Ruby, Cucumber/Gherkin Microservices
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 2+ years experience with various project management methodologies, including Agile methodologies and supporting techniques (e.g. Test Driven Development and continuous integration processes), packaged system implementations, and traditional specification-driven approaches
- AWS Developer certification
- Experience with code build and deployment processes and tools such as GIT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins and more
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.