• Responsible for engine and transmission system performance modeling, vehicle performance modeling, and component performance modeling.
• Responsible to allocate and derive requirements from vehicle, engine, and transmission system level down to the component level using a systems simulation model in Excel, Matlab, Simulink, or other software.
• Technical lead of cross-functional matrixed project team (ME, EE, Software, etc.) for engineering projects through the Systems Requirements Review to ensure engineering requirements are met.
• Mentor and trainer of other engineers for Systems Engineering related simulations and activities.
• Improve and document the Systems Engineering Process with processes, document templates, or modeling standards.
• Author engineering technical reports for submission to the customer.
• Participate or lead new engine and transmission proposals.
• Provide input to product specifications and design verification test plans to ensure that they adequately captures all data to assess requirements compliance.Additional Job Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent technical BS degree with 10 to 14 years engineering experience.
• At least 2 years experience working as a Systems Engineer (10 years engineering experience overall).]
• Experience with simulating systems in Matlab and Simulink.
• Knowledge of transmission, engine, and vehicle performance and understanding of powerpack integration into vehicles.
• Engineering knowledge of mechanics; hydraulics; powertrain parts such as gears housings, and shafts; knowledge of performance parameters such as speed, RPM, torque, power and gear ratios.
• Highly organized and able to multitask on many different projects at once.
• Proven ability to make technical decisions, complete project objectives within budget and schedule, and work with little supervision.
• Proven ability to work well with others in a cross-functional environment while working on multiple projects.
• Ability to utilize all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to write and review technical reports.
• Ability to get security clearance.
• Must be able to move freely, with or without reasonable accommodation, throughout a manufacturing environment.
• Master's degree in Systems Engineering.
• Experience with Rational Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) software or equivalent.
• Expert product knowledge of transmissions, engines, and powerpack integration into tracked vehicles.
• An understanding of working with CAD models and programs in Pro E (Creo).
• Experience in developing products for the defense industry.