The Orthopedic And Spine Inpatient Surgical (O.A.S.I.S) Hospital is a specialty inpatient hospital which was established to set a new standard for excellence and patient satisfaction in the delivery of orthopedic and spinal surgery. OASIS Hospital provides excellent patient services and the highest level of care, with the overall goal of improving the delivery of healthcare in Maricopa County and beyond.
Our singular focus is the state-of-the-art care of musculoskeletal conditions including joint replacement, spine surgery and other reconstructive procedures. Our mission is to provide first-class surgical services for the community in a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment; one in which we would be happy to treat our own families.
The Systems Engineer supports and maintains a systems infrastructure, end-user, and network environments and assists the IT Director with the daily management of the IT Department functional responsibilities. This position will provide operational management and support for IT infrastructure and deployed application. The Systems Engineer will have accountability of all server class devices throughout the environment ensuring correct processes and procedures are followed. This position will provide excellent technical and end-user support to all levels of the organization. The Systems Engineer will also identify, prioritize, and ensure resolution of departmental and Support Center requests. The Systems Engineer understands the business and technology needs of the organization and looks for improvements based on customer feedback, knowledge of business processes, technology and system capabilities.
Responsibilities also include:
- Resetting passwords, answering general software and hardware questions
- Set up and installation of new servers and network equipment
- Identification and resolution of systems and network related performance problems
- Take on projects including assessing, architecting, project planning, implementing, documenting, and supporting network and systems infrastructure environments.
- Administer servers running: Microsoft, SQL, Oracle, VMWare, etc.
- Troubleshoot server and workstation software and hardware
- Support the back office and application servers
- Participation, planning, and implementation of a Comprehensive Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan.
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server infrastructure and environment.
- Manage, support and maintain Windows, Active Directory and services including: File/print, Citrix, Web Services, and SAN.
- Maintain core components of Windows server infrastructure, including WINS, DNS, DHCP, File and Print services, Terminal Services licensing, and Active Directory
- Manage Anti-virus software upgrade, deployment and maintenance
- Perform hardware upgrades and swaps (PCs, printers, servers and other devices).
- Resolution of escalated hardware failures and server outages, including data recovery.
- Interface with external vendors as necessary
- Act as technical contact on projects requiring cross platform integration with multiple departmental dependencies.
- Maintain Security and OS Patch Management level on servers.
- Maintain knowledge base of current technology with continuous self-study.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations for the purchase of products and services.
- Administer Telecommunications and Computer Telephony equipment.
- Support after hours on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years of experience in information system or Infrastructure support experience including desktop support and network management experience required.
- College graduate with a BS/BA degree in Information Systems or equivalent certifications and/or work experience. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), A, or MCP
- Experience using Helpdesk Ticketing Software, MS Office Suite, Windows operating systems (Microsoft, Dell) Healthcare experience a plus.
- System design and analysis experience.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills to be able to interact effectively with people from all social echelons.
- Must have a high degree of flexibility to alter plans or change tasks at any time.
- Familiar with industry standard Infrastructure and networking equipment.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, adaptability, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.