Title: IT - Systems Engineer III
Duration: Projected through 1/30/19
Work Location: Richfield, MN
This position will serve on a team of Performance Management technology professionals, cooperatively monitoring and managing metrics and KPIs enabling world-class IT solutions to be delivered. IT Performance Management is made up of Configuration Management, Capacity Management, and Availability Management.
Tell me about your department:
Project Description – what are the selling points that would spike a candidate’s interest in this role:
- Opportunity to work at a major retailer focus on ensuring critical holiday monitoring is in place
- Fast paced autonomous work environment
- Task variety
- Engagement and visibility across delivery and IT operations teams
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Deliver operational and financial efficiencies using standardized HI and KPI metric collection and analysis
- Partner with IT delivery and operations teams to design, develop, implement and maintain availability and performance monitors and metrics supporting application support service level agreements (SLAs)
Typical Day: Engaging with delivery and support teams to deploy new monitors. They may also be involved in metric collection.
How performance is measured: ability to work independent and solve problems, ability to complete tasks to the customer satisfaction
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- 8+ experience with enterprise class monitoring solutions
- 8+ experience with scripting languages (i.e. Python, Perl, PowerShell)
- System Administration experience with Windows or UNIX / Linux operating systems
- Performance engineering experience preferred but not required
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
- HP(Microfocus) SiteScope
- HP(Microfocus) BSM
- Elastic Stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
- Ability to work independently
- Problem Solving
- Critical thinking
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates:
Interview Process –date(s)/time(s) that are blocked on the manager’s calendar for interviews:
30-minute initial phone screen
3 rounds of interviews back to back