This Systems Engineering position presents an exciting opportunity for a mid- to senior level engineer to learn from experienced team members while immediately contributing to the US Navy Cryptographic Modernization program.
This is not a system-admin job; individuals hired for this position will be participating in user requirement gathering, product analysis, evaluation and support cryptographic product development and acquisitionfor US Navy cryptographic systems.
- Support the development of whitepapers, technical evaluation reports and plans, analysis reports and feasibility studies
- Analyze device/ECU specification and requirements including cryptographic architectures such as Key Management Infrastructure to determine impacts to the fleet.
- Research and analyze existing cryptographic devices’ interfaces and security capabilities
- Provide input to Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) based on NSA High Assurance products and solutions
- Provide guidance and recommendations to Navy PORs regarding NSA cryptographic modernization strategy, roadmap, and mandates
- Facilitate technical discussions among Navy stakeholders, systems and test engineers and track and resolve technical issues
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate cryptographic products, identify system capability gaps, ensure interoperability, and support high level operational planning
- Assist in the selection and acquisitionof next generation crypto products
- Support PMW130 in the development of transition plans for Navy legacy cryptographic communication systems. This includes development of presentations, white papers, test reports and requirement specification as needed
- Act as a technical liaison between NSA and Navy PORswith respect to upcoming changes and mandates
Candidate experience with the following systems & technologies is desired:
- Ability to work in a small team environment and be proactive
- Strong analytical/problem solving capability
- Strong communication skills
- Information Assurance background and networking knowledge (e.g., CISSP)
- Ability to research and adapt new technologies for integration
- Active DoD Security Clearance
Additional preference will be given to applicants with experience in:
- Familiarity with NSA High Assurance (Type 1) cryptographic products.
- Experience with existing DoD Program of Records (e.g., JTRS, KMI, MUOS, ADNS) and PMW organizational structure
- Understanding of the NavyUHF DAMA cryptographic systems (e.g., DMR terminals and radios)
- Network infrastructure knowledge and experience in LAN/WAN infrastructure technologies and implementation strategies
- Understanding of DoD processes including product acquisition, testing, deployment, maintenance, and sustainment
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance relevant certification
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics,or related discipline required.
US Citizens Only These positions require the applicant to be able to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance.
Nathan Kunes Incorporated (NKI) has been in business since 1998 and specializes in providing Software,System and Information Assurance engineering services to the DoD and IntelligenceCommunity Agencies.
Position includes an exceptional benefits package including competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k, bonus pool participation and educational training opportunities. NKI supports:
- Flexible 9/80 work schedules
- Opportunities to take on responsibility beyond your job description
- Ability to set your own career path and pace
- Set yourself apart and make a real difference