Hope you are doing well..!!
Role: System Engineer
Location: Smithfield, RI or Merrimack, NH
Duration: 18+ Months
- Experience with WebSphere OR Tomcat application installations.
- Administration Experience with the log aggregator tool: SPLUNK
- They need to be familiar enough with Splunk to navigate the tool.
- Typically 1.5-2 years of experience would suffice.
- 2 years is preferred as the ramp up is much shorter.
- So someone that can work independently with minimal direction is a more appropriate.
They must have:
- Hands on experience doing installations in EITHER WebSphere OR Tomcat application server
- Splunk Administration
- Installation of WebSphere product suite and administration of WebSphere instances
- Manage and maintain Splunk 6.5 clustered environment including agent install, query management, index management and license compliance
- Manage application and system infrastructure patch releases, including enhancements to current system functionality.
- Work with other Business support groups to understand and implement changes with their assistance and within their guidelines.
- Support infrastructure changes and communicate to developers the impact in their environments.
- Leading candidates will possess a working knowledge and skill level in the following:
- Red Hat Linux, scripting design and development to automate processes, WebSphere application server administration, Splunk Administration experience required
- Proven analytic and troubleshooting skills
- Strong service-oriented focus and a passion to achieve results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Application technology knowledge and experience in one or two areas
- Full Project Life Cycle experience
- Solid specific business knowledge through training and application experience
- Understanding of technical architecture and the ability to recommend and make modifications and enhancements
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to take responsibility/accountability.
- Experience in database concepts, data analysis, and support tools
- Scripting or automation knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following:
- General knowledge of Network concepts and basic troubleshooting methods.