- The Systems and Security Engineer will be part of a team responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving all aspects of a cloud based environment, with a focus on security.
- Take part in responding to system alerts, triaging incidents, and helping to resolve systems, network and infrastructure issues.
- Review, maintenance, implementation and enforcement of security processes across all systems
- Planning, implementation and administration of user and account security rights and restrictions
- Planning, deployment and configuration of systems in a cloud based infrastructure (AWS/Azure)
- Provisioning, deployment, configuration, and administration of network infrastructure (AWS/Azure)
- Maintenance and monitoring of systems infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, another technical scientific discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of Linux Systems, Network Administration and Security experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience with firewalls, routers, switches, various network monitoring tools, and VPNs
- Experience performing security audits
- Knowledge of Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) Nginx, Apache and network configuration and troubleshooting
- Mastery of one or more scripting languages for automating common tasks in a Linux environment (e.g., Bash, Perl, Python)
- Expertise in install and configuration of Linux hosts.
- Experience working with configuration management and automation tools (Ansible & Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with setup and configuration of monitoring tools (i.e. Nagios/SolarWinds)
- Experience with setup and configuration of Log File Management tools (i.e. Splunk/ELK)
- Extensive experience with change & incident management.
- The ability to test and validate updates and changes to the Linux instances without adverse effects on the production environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain system, infrastructure and process documentation, including adherence to defined change management process and procedures.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
- Good team player, but able to work effectively independently
- Logical problem solver
- Experience in Use, Configuration, Deployment and Administration of Microsoft Azure and AWS Infrastructure
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (Confluence/Jira/HipChat)
- Extensive systems, networking and security experience.
Since 1984, Synectics has been committed to aligning talented professionals with jobs they find challenging and fulfilling. Let us leverage our recruiting experience and our long-standing relationships with our clients to help you in your job search.
To view a comprehensive list of jobs offered by Synectics, please visit our website at www.synectics.com. We offer a wide variety of positions in cities throughout the United States.
Synectics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Don’t forget to follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for news, updates, and new opportunities!