SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS ENGINEER (LINUX)
TOP 3 skills:
- Experience in data center migration.
- Networking experience.
The role is responsible for supporting data center migration for Scientific Computing environments. Systems engineering and technologies to enable, optimize and enhance business capabilities for R&D.
- Responsibilities include configuration of Linux and High performance computing environments and configuration of systems and networking services for hybrid virtual computing platforms.
- Support application environments in virtual computing environments, distributed computing and analytical platforms for scientific data.
- The role will be responsible for aligning with enterprise wide architectures. Role requires to be onsite 90% of the time.
- The role will ensure adherence to change management and regulatory procedures including governing the creation of operational procedures and system qualifications.
- Deep experience (5+ years) on Linux is required.
- Requires knowledge of sub-netting, VLANs, routing tables, network ACLs & Firewall configurations. High level understanding of BGP/EGRP and route prepend uses is desired.
- Proven experience in Standalone and High-density blade system servers installation & configuration.
- Experience with systems and network security, data encryption.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies and frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Cloud services knowledge is required.
- Working knowledge of Active directory, Network Domain, Domain controller, networks is preferred. Position will work with teams responsible for these functions.
- Build policies for access control and user profiles using security guidelines and policies and established best practices.
- Experience of automation and scripting of systems workflows using Linux shell or Perl or Python or Ruby is required.
- Experience with scientific applications is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- 6+ years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals and/or Healthcare IT preferred.
- Experience with IT asset management and compliance using enterprise CMDBs and change control.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in mobilizing and leading innovative teams and advocating for new ideas.
- Collaboratively interact with leadership and multiple stakeholders across the IT organization.
- Project management experience with ability to track and measure projects.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Michelle: email@example.comHelp
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #18-00770
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE