The Systems Test Engineer designs, builds, and performs systems level testing for thermal and acoustic insulation, as well as passive fire protection. Activities will focus on determining system-level performance of both Aspen’s and competitors’ products in real-world applications.
- Designs, sources and assembles unique system-level test apparatus.
- Performs analysis and operates various laboratory equipment and instruments, involving methods such as hot-pipe and hot-plate testing of manufactured products to verify conformity to customer specifications.
- Records test results and writes test reports describing observations, results, procedures used and conclusions.
- Assists Aspen personnel on research programs and product development.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation problems, and coordinates service and repairs when needed.
- Schedules, designs and carries out various testing protocols.
- Assures an adequate supply of materials/inventory is available to analyze various products.
- Assures all job activities adhere to company Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures
- Attend meetings and prepare content for appropriate standards organization such as ASTM, etc.
- Analyzes experimental data.
- Prioritizes, organizes and plans work.
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access, Word and other software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow ASTM standards.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- BS/BA in Engineering/Science or equivalent work experience preferred; a 2 year Associates degree in science is a minimum requirement.
- 5 years’ experience in a laboratory or test environment preferred.
- Experience conducting laboratory work involving mechanical testing, thermal analysis, and ASTM testing or similar methodologies is preferred.
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp or call (508) 466-3111 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.